If you would like to be notified when new volunteer orientations are scheduled, please sign up for our email list.
You must also attend ONE of the following in-person orientation sessions at the Boulder JCC, 6007 Oreg Ave, Boulder CO 80303
- Wednesday, October 13th, 6-8PM
- Tuesday, October 26th, 6-8PM
- Saturday, October 30th, 10AM-12PM
At Ignite, we believe in the power of volunteers to transform the world we live in. Established in 1975, Ignite Adaptive Sports is a volunteer-driven organization motivated by the hearts and dedication of our 250+ volunteers, including our junior instructors.
To become a volunteer for Ignite Adaptive Sports, volunteers will undergo training that is specifically oriented to providing a safe, fun, and educational experience for persons with disabilities. On-going training throughout the season is offered to maximize the instructor’s personal skiing/riding, teaching ability and technical knowledge. We can even help you pursue your PSIA Level I Ski Instructor Certification.
View the Volunteer Orientation Presentation.
Here are the steps to becoming a Volunteer Instructor with Ignite Adaptive Sports:
- You must attend one orientation session. The sessions are normally in October before the upcoming season. You can sign up to our emailing list and receive scheduling updates as they become available.
- You must complete one “new volunteer” training session in November at Eldora.
- There are two full-day on-snow clinics in December.
- As a new volunteer, you are expected to commit to a minimum of six or more teaching days during the Ignite season, which runs January through March.
For more information regarding the Ignite Volunteer Program, please contact our Operations Manager, Kevin Wilson, via phone 720-310-0328 or email at email@example.com
We hope to see you on the snow!
Junior Instructor Program
Are you between 16-18 years old and love skiing or snowboarding? Join our Junior Instructor Program. Being a Junior Instructor at Ignite Adaptive Sports is a great way to fulfill your National Honor Society (NHS) volunteer hours! We can even help you pursue your PSIA Level I Ski Instructor Certification.
To become a Junior Volunteer Instructor, you must complete all the above listed items for Ignite Volunteers, as well as an additional Junior Instructor Training. Please be sure to sign up for our mailing list so you’ll be automatically notified of the trainings.
Click to view our Junior Volunteer Orientation Slideshow.
For more information about the Junior Volunteer Instructor Program, contact Jon Jonis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Ignite’s dedicated team of Volunteer Instructors
The Ignite Community
Sign up for Updates!
Sign up today and receive email updates from Ignite